Several members at a hypertufa workshop.
HSA booth at the Holiday Homes Tour Marketplace in Fincastle
The Herb Society of America is dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of its members with the community.
Our many activities include:
- Sponsor special interest groups (i.e. Culinary)
- Installed and maintain an herb garden on the council grounds
- Provide speakers to local garden clubs, schools, etc.
- Conduct educational events during the year
- Participate in Roanoke Council of Garden Clubs annual Holiday House event
- Host a holiday dinner in December for the membership
- Host symposiums for district units as needed
- Participate in the Fincastle Home and Garden Tour and the Fincastle Holiday Homes Tour
- Members attend National conferences held once a year around the United States
- Host a variety of speakers on numerous herb garden related topics at our meeting
Membership Is open to all herb enthusiasts, whether novice or experienced. Annual dues for an individual are $55 ($50 National, $5 Local). Other types of membership are also available.
Where do we meet: Meeting site is at the Roanoke Council of Garden Clubs Center
When: We meet at 2:00pm the third Sunday in February, April, June August, October and December
Who to contact: Melodye Hollingsworth
Visit our website at: www.herbsociety.org